Wednesday, March 30, 2011

grief

the sadness comes unexpectedly. it's a beautiful sunny day, the sky is clear azure, the breeze is just right....and then, BAM. you're reminded of how he's not here to enjoy this day. you're reminded how this is exactly the kind of weather he loved for riding his bike.

and then in the scurry of daily life - as you eat, as you work, as you sleep - you remember that someone is no longer here to do those very things. the activities i take for granted, sometimes even conduct begrudgingly - he is not here to do them.

grief is a terribly difficult process.


cups of coffee:  2

mood:  short-fused

2 comments:

Lady Natalie said...

Ah, Eva, I know this experience. It comes out of nowhere in waves; sometimes the grief even gains strength the further you get from the actual event of the loss.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

I recommend listening to "Up On the Mountain" by the Welcome Wagon.

eva said...

the welcome wagon....hmmm, will check out.
thanks, natalie.